• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

50% off Coupon - Advance Auto Parts

Is that company; Advance Auto Parts, a good place for XJ parts.., or do they just push more godless chinese commie red army managed slave peasant labor poor quality after-market parts for their Cherokees, and ours?

What about O'Reillys?

I'm somewhat interested in saving money, but at what cost...

Being in Alaska, I go for local NAPA, sometimes Carquest, but mostly from the web; Rock Auto, 4 Wheel Drive for OME/ARB parts, (other than those parts they carry which are just more commie crap), and for other stuff like JKS, Kevinsoffroad, etc., and appreciate other American companies that advertise here.

Am always looking for reputable companies for XJ parts, so what about Advance Auto Parts, and O'reillys?

I do a lot with Advance with their online codes and never been burnt. I order it on line, put in the code, get a buttload of savings, then 30 minutes later drive to the store and pick it up.

I use them for general maintenance parts mostly.

They all have a bunch of Chinese stuff these days, have to pick the store based on what you're buying. National bearings and seals will mostly be China from anyone selling or rebranding them, so I buy bearings from Auto Zone (timken) or NAPA (SKF/Koyo). Advance tends to sell Bendix brake parts and MOOG suspension parts.

I order everything I can from advance. There is always a 30% off code (TRT30) or higher. Saved hundreds of dollars on any normal maintenance items from them

Every mechanic I've ever talked to says to avoid Advance Auto like the plague. One told me that if I ever brought in a part from there to be installed that he would refuse. He told me he spent hours installing a starter from there and when he finished it wouldn't even click. He removed the starter and found that it was full of mud. Fresh paint and stickers but it was caked with mud. I've seen a lot of parts from there fail very quickly after install as well.

Every mechanic I've ever talked to says to avoid Advance Auto like the plague. One told me that if I ever brought in a part from there to be installed that he would refuse. He told me he spent hours installing a starter from there and when he finished it wouldn't even click. He removed the starter and found that it was full of mud. Fresh paint and stickers but it was caked with mud. I've seen a lot of parts from there fail very quickly after install as well.

That's kind of funny with the mud. I will say it reminds me that I bought 4 new shocks from them and one was someone's old one so I had to wait another day to complete the repair. Same thing happened with a track bar. Fortunately they had 2 on the shelf and one was new. I think they have some stores that don't check returns.

That's kind of funny with the mud. I will say it reminds me that I bought 4 new shocks from them and one was someone's old one so I had to wait another day to complete the repair. Same thing happened with a track bar. Fortunately they had 2 on the shelf and one was new. I think they have some stores that don't check returns.

They definitely don't check returns at the local store. It's very common to buy something that is missing parts. They apparently they don't check remans either. They are also notorious for giving you the wrong part, which can cause tremendous amounts of hard work on a project to be lost.

O'Reilly's?

Really weird about about 'ya all's findings across America about Advance Auto Parts selling bogus parts from many widely geographically dispersed stores.

For us in Alaska, local has usually been the best shot, i.e., store managers, and clerks don't need bad public relations. Have always had good parts from NAPA, and CarQuest up here, but have seen many who report bad luck from them!?!

We recently had O'Reilly move in, and they hired a bunch of people who practically compete to be helpful. At our NAPA one waits their turn. Either way is ok with me. However, I wonder about O'Reilly's sources, and I do know they sell FRAM filters.., which I stay away from. Just checked, for example..; O'reilly's web site.., checked to see what alternators they had, then checked google to find rip-off reports, etc. Hmmm...

I suppose anymore, getting replacement parts is akin to a crap-shoot.

O'Reilly's?

Really weird about about 'ya all's findings across America about Advance Auto Parts selling bogus parts from many widely geographically dispersed stores.

For us in Alaska, local has usually been the best shot, i.e., store managers, and clerks don't need bad public relations. Have always had good parts from NAPA, and CarQuest up here, but have seen many who report bad luck from them!?!

We recently had O'Reilly move in, and they hired a bunch of people who practically compete to be helpful. At our NAPA one waits their turn. Either way is ok with me. However, I wonder about O'Reilly's sources, and I do know they sell FRAM filters.., which I stay away from. Just checked, for example..; O'reilly's web site.., checked to see what alternators they had, then checked google to find rip-off reports, etc. Hmmm...

I suppose anymore, getting replacement parts is akin to a crap-shoot.

All the local mechanics get parts from NAPA. It's an odd little store lacking the selection of the bigger stores. They don't have twenty different kinds of fuel treatment but they have four feet long crescent wrenches and driveshafts for farm tractors. You can walk in with a bolt and ask them for a matching nut. They will sell you one for fifty cents and thank you for your business instead of acting like you were a bother. I've never heard a bad word about them.

I needed to replace my muffler, clamps , get tube adapters, and rear shocks. I got everything from orielly and I was sure they were going to be made in china or india because I was getting the most inexpensive parts they had and to my surprise, the shocks, muffler, clamps and the muffler adapters were all made in the USA! The fuel filters they had were made in china or taiwan. They did have a oil filter made in the US.

Back