• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow mild build... Like molasses in the winter slow.

Pchitti

NAXJA Forum User
Here is what Im starting with.
96 XJ Country AW4 with NP231 Just shy of 195k on the engine. Poorly maintained, sent to shop for every issue. Found a receipt for $300 to replace the heater valve. Had it towed and everything. So far the running total is $800 purchase, a few hundred and some change in getting it running right. New 02's, thermostat, coolant temp sender, plugs, wires, cap & rotor, brakes pads/shoes, and fluids all around.
heep3.jpg

heep1.jpg

heep2.jpg

Plenty of cancer, the rocker panel is the tip of the iceberg.

Current plans are for a 2-3" BB using a bastard pack rear and WK coils.
Most likely going to replace the rockers with a 1/4"x 4" flat bar under a 1.5" square tube to help with the entry foot placement. Read more about the getting in issues below.

Wheels will go either stock size steelies or the grizzly style wheels.
Tires will happen when needed, not looking to go big as it will spend most the time on pavement. Hoping to pick up a set of 30's for outings and hunting, but the regular shoes will be pretty close to stock.

Has a K&N intake with wall already installed, will be replacing the cracked exhaust manifold in the near future. Not really going to be looking at mods under the hood, only thing I am thinking about is a couple hood vents and possibly working out a true cold air intake/ possible snorkelish custom intake.

Things to figure out before the lift can start:
Grab handles to assist getting in. Im 5'6" and the tallest in my family, kids and wife ride daily and are having problems at stock height. Both rear door grabs are breaking, one is already toast.

Cool, sounds like you have a plan figured out.

If your rockers are rotted I can almost guarantee your floor boards are non-existent.

Good luck with your build!

Yep the drivers side has a good size hole already and im sure I will find more as I go along.

Still looking for ideas to help the kids and wife get in easier. Don't want to put steps that will kill clearance.

Back