PDA

View Full Version : What does your heep need before SCF?

Johnnie Walker
January 18th, 2015, 12:05
Ready, go!

The main thing for mine is replacing the heims in my LCA's
Then receive and install my ZJ seats

Nimrod
January 18th, 2015, 16:35
I'm going to install new-to-me steering and also do a hack n' tap. Also, I've got to figure out what's causing a shimmy in the front end and deal with that. Nothing too major, I hope.

FaultyLine
January 18th, 2015, 22:09
Trim the fenders for my new 35 tires. Check all bolts on new hardware.

GSequoia
January 20th, 2015, 10:26
Tank of gas, oil change.

souske
January 20th, 2015, 10:41
oil change
fix the arb properly
rebuild 8274
shackle bushings
grease

or just run as is

Producer_Shawn
January 20th, 2015, 11:42
Oil Change
Transmission Temp Gauge
Napier Fender Flares
Sway Bar Disconnects
Finish hooking up my 9500is wench
build a roof rack
build a cargo area rack
replace the headlight I busted last night
Pick and Install a CB radio

xjrick94
January 21st, 2015, 15:54
Mine is pretty much ready but I would like to have my spartan locker installed.

johnnyc
January 24th, 2015, 09:46
Mine is pretty much ready but I would like to have my spartan locker installed.

Me too. Gotta get the No-Slip installed in my D30. I have a new spring kit. Just gotta get it in. And install my gas tank skid.

Vanimal
January 29th, 2015, 13:16
axle swap/regear, new tires and wheels, frame stiffners, long arms front and rear, lift, rocker replacements, etc.

mako my day
January 29th, 2015, 14:10
Cage, 3 link, 20 red solos, wash and wax.

rocknxj
February 11th, 2015, 21:55
Just need to dial in the new LA lift. Oh, and repair any damage I get at Moab in March...

rockclimber
February 11th, 2015, 23:11
set on fire. replaced with new jeep.

souske
February 12th, 2015, 09:02
set on fire. replaced with new jeep.buy more rainbow straps to show my tiedown pride

Sounds legit:party:

rockclimber
February 12th, 2015, 21:40
it doesn't need *all* of these things.. but this is my list.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy179/climbit/FD170C82-0FBE-421B-854E-DCCFE46EB64C_zpsknud4eo7.jpg (http://s789.photobucket.com/user/climbit/media/FD170C82-0FBE-421B-854E-DCCFE46EB64C_zpsknud4eo7.jpg.html)

JohnX
February 13th, 2015, 07:33
Track bar BACE!

souske
February 13th, 2015, 08:45
Twackbaw Bace!

rockclimber
February 13th, 2015, 09:39
I shouldn't drink and write.

David_Bricker
March 6th, 2015, 18:51
My heep doesn't need anything. Unfortunately, I need to be out there :-(

David Bricker / SYR

Vanimal
March 7th, 2015, 17:36
my list seems to be growing :(

scottmcneal
March 7th, 2015, 19:41
u-joints. Cut rear 1/4 panels. Weld up front axle, it has a leak around the tube. Brakes would be nice but what the hell.

Boss Cherokee
March 8th, 2015, 17:57
I've done most if not everything listed above and I am Willing to help anyone within 50 miles or bring it here if I can 3 link brain pick !!! Even though I have done 4 links all this numbers and graph stuff has made me nervous even to drive my van! So the offer still stands! Wire, stick weld, 2 sets of torches press.

karstic
March 24th, 2015, 13:05
New exhaust from manifold to tail pipe. Smog certificate

Vanimal
March 27th, 2015, 13:39
exhaust, shock mounts front and rear, bleed brakes, fix epic trans leak, and a few other small misc items. getting close!

rocknxj
April 4th, 2015, 09:17
Just need to dial in the new LA lift. Oh, and repair any damage I get at Moab in March...

Busted my trackbar while at Moab last week but got it fixed. Still need to adjust the front pinion and get longer shackles for the leafs.

Vanimal
April 5th, 2015, 20:40
just gotta tweak the rear upper shock mounts a bit and do an alignment, then cycle it on the forklift to see where i gotta trim. So close!

Papercut
April 8th, 2015, 14:33
Still need to test drive the jeep (just replaced the head)

The radiator seems to be leaking and temp gauge isn't working properly.

Then off to SMOG.

rockclimber
April 8th, 2015, 15:52
had a leaking injector. swapped in a set of the bosch 703s, now running rich...

that's really the only issue I Need to sort out. lots of things I Want to do, but won't keep me from this trip.

David_Bricker
April 8th, 2015, 21:13
Need Gomer to be transported, with my camping gear, to Ontario airport :-(.

Barring that, I'm trying to figure if I can wrangle this. I'm in Tucson the week before and after. Would be a good excuse to not work on the weekend, but not sure if I want to drive 520 miles on Thursday night, just to do the same on Sunday. I HAVE to be in Tucson Monday morning to teach. Flights aren't cheap, and they pose the logistics of still needing to get to the campground from the A/P. then there is the issue that I don't have my camping gear. Such a dilemma.

David Bricker / SYR

GrimmJeeper
April 10th, 2015, 07:42
my whole front end needs to be worked over. ugh

EVILLT1
April 12th, 2015, 18:06
I need to finish my low profile roof rack to mount my highlift..........Oh and my daughter to be born early so I can go. 😄
If she arrives as scheduled she will be 1 week old and then it's about convicing my better half to allow me to go play for a day....

-rob

Johnnie Walker
April 15th, 2015, 18:59
Need Gomer to be transported, with my camping gear, to Ontario airport :-(.

Barring that, I'm trying to figure if I can wrangle this. I'm in Tucson the week before and after. Would be a good excuse to not work on the weekend, but not sure if I want to drive 520 miles on Thursday night, just to do the same on Sunday. I HAVE to be in Tucson Monday morning to teach. Flights aren't cheap, and they pose the logistics of still needing to get to the campground from the A/P. then there is the issue that I don't have my camping gear. Such a dilemma.

David Bricker / SYR
Have someone deliver your heep/items to SCF, and have another whom is attending take you to said fest.

David_Bricker
April 15th, 2015, 21:56
Have someone deliver your heep/items to SCF, and have another whom is attending take you to said fest.

I got the sleeping arrangement covered. Just bought my place tickets, so I'm committed now (I know, I should have been committed long ago). I have wheels to get to SoCal Fest, but Hertz won't be impressed with me wheeling their Ford Focus.

So, anyone have an extra seat for a run on Saturday? My intention is to pull into camp by 8am Saturday morning, after driving from Tucson. will be leaving Sunday, to fly back to Tcuson from LAX.

David Bricker / SYR

rockclimber
April 16th, 2015, 00:01
I got the sleeping arrangement covered. Just bought my place tickets, so I'm committed now (I know, I should have been committed long ago). I have wheels to get to SoCal Fest, but Hertz won't be impressed with me wheeling their Ford Focus.

So, anyone have an extra seat for a run on Saturday? My intention is to pull into camp by 8am Saturday morning, after driving from Tucson. will be leaving Sunday, to fly back to Tcuson from LAX.

David Bricker / SYR

I currently have no passenger all weekend.

a good friend has expressed interest in riding along, but if he can't make it the seat is yours.

Vanimal
April 16th, 2015, 00:03
i got ya covered, however there is a slight possibility it will be a rear seat. it's a zj though, so there's a bit more leg room and a/c. I'll be running John Bull i believe.

David_Bricker
April 16th, 2015, 19:56
Thank you much for the seat offers. As it stands, it looks like my friend is coming out with me from Tucson, so I need two seats, but they don't have to be in the same vehicle. This will be for Saturday only.

David Bricker / SYR

Vanimal
April 17th, 2015, 08:26
i dont think that will be a problem.

Carol.92124
April 25th, 2015, 16:12
I have an empty passenger seat, and will probably be running the scenic route if you want to do that one.

Are you camping or hotelling? Karen can't go anymore, so there's room for another vehicle at my campsite, and room in my tent. I have a 7x9 tent that holds 3 people pretty comfortably with room to spare, so you're welcome to share that if you don't mind all the teasing you'll get from everyone =). Odds are good I can round up a spare sleeping bag & chair & such, as well (c'mon, you've seen my Jeep!).

Jays siik xj
April 25th, 2015, 17:28
Gas. But there are thing I WANT to do... Rear brake line, e brake handle, grease everything and get my nitrogen tank filled.

David_Bricker
April 25th, 2015, 20:00
I have an empty passenger seat, and will probably be running the scenic route if you want to do that one.

Are you camping or hotelling? Karen can't go anymore, so there's room for another vehicle at my campsite, and room in my tent. I have a 7x9 tent that holds 3 people pretty comfortably with room to spare, so you're welcome to share that if you don't mind all the teasing you'll get from everyone =). Odds are good I can round up a spare sleeping bag & chair & such, as well (c'mon, you've seen my Jeep!).

I think Geoff has me covered for tent and sleeping bag, but appreciate the offer. I'd believe however, that an entire city could materialize out of your Jeep!

David Bricker / SYR

GSequoia
April 27th, 2015, 11:17
Well I changed Jeeps for the event. I managed to blow a couple holes in the Borla on the red Jeep so little black it is. So right now my Jeep needs about a gallon of washer fluid and possibly up to a quart of oil.

Nimrod
April 30th, 2015, 18:42
Didn't do any of the things I wanted to do to my rig, but zerks are all lubed and fluids are all topped off so I'm good to go! See you traviesos maņana!