• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PNW - Larger Offroad Events?

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
When I lived in California, I knew all the big events at all the major offroad areas ... Holister, Rubicon, etc. I've heard there are a lot of local groups here that do their own runs, but I don't know about any larger events held at any of the offroad areas in the Pacific Northwest, and I was curious what happens yearly. The only offroad area that I've been to up here is TSF, which although its fun, it's nice to get out to see some other areas. It's also super cool if those events are huge (50+ vehicles).

Anything like that in OR/WA?

ive been told this is the wrong club/chapter for that. Something about the things you speak of being a "fairy tale"

just be careful around here talking like that spinal. Dems FightN Words here in the NWC :eek:.

Bronze.

Sounds like he's looking for larger offroad events outside the NWC, such as the Jeepers Jamboree event in California. Informative reply though.

The only "large" event I can think of is the Pacific Northwest 4-Wheel Drive's "Trail Jam" held in Naches every year. Then like you mentioned, individual clubs sponsor fun/poker runs throughout the northwest all year. Sand Flea Rally, Elbe Fun Run, Cruise The Woods, Snow Jam, Season Opener, etc.

Another one Torx didn't mention is the annual Oregon trophy challenge

Typically about 15-20 teams, each team is two rigs.. And they do a 2 day challenge, going with minimal directions and getting lost looking for check points.. Staged challenges etc

In 2014 Naxja NWC took home 1st and 2nd place!

It's not a huge event but it seems to be growing!

Sand fleas rally will defiantly qualify for big 50+ event. they allow 125 to register and those spots are gone pretty quick. The camp gound fills up to max capacity pretty quick to. I have never done the actual poker run but go every year for the camping/fishing and fun.

You see lots of stuff like this.

777c4fdb33b08be133d1c2eb9e4aeedd.jpg
25adde5e3e736fc77a4a273aad99a258.jpg
e466952c33a8f2fca950036dc39eafc7.jpg

ive been told this is the wrong club/chapter for that. Something about the things you speak of being a "fairy tale"

just be careful around here talking like that spinal. Dems FightN Words here in the NWC :eek:.

Bronze.

?! Is it that I'm from California? I've been up here for 15 years, so its not new. Just haven't wheeled for most of it. And, my family moved so much I can't really say I'm from anywhere.

ANYWHO ...

All those runs sound like fun. I like the big runs as much as the small ones for different reasons. The reason I'd like to know about a lot of the larger events is to get the time off in advance. The smaller "Hey, let's go to TSF this Saturday" is fine since I don't work weekends, but the Thursday -> Sunday larger runs means scheduling vacation time and I'd like to know about some of them months in advance.

Bronze.

never mind not worth my time

on that note John when are you planning a BIG 50 + rig run????????

Last edited:
I think the hard part here is there isn't much legit wheeling around. TSF is about it, as far as close by with any decent amount of trails. It's not like California, Arizona, Utah etc

The next difficult part is getting that many people together, but honestly I don't like large groups because it becomes nearly impossible to cover much ground, it is nice however for meeting people....

Yea, its mostly for the option to meet people in the community. There's so many 4 wheel drive clubs, but many keep to themselves. I love diversity in rigs as well, so although this group is awesome, its nice sometimes to go wheeling with Toyotas, Samurais, etc and also get introduced to new trails. Either way, you guys have given me a list of fun ones to try out. I doubt my rig will be ready by the mud bog down in Sweet Home, but I'm sure I can do all the summer runs!

As for BronzeWorm ... just relax man. I'm new to the group, don't know all the trails around, etc. Just looking to get in to the group, get introduced to some trails, etc.

I have a xj a landcruser and a little fullsize wheeler. I do however run the fullsize more (including NWC runs) than anything else. I have also learned that as we get older some times interests change, and wheeling sometimes go by the way side or a change in what you run offroad. If your looking for a BIG run in Oregon look for creek n trail in southern Oregon (look up Obrien Oregon) . its on the McGraw trail .there's probably 75-100 rigs. there's a clean up run on mothers day weekend and the official run on fathers day weekend. yes I have personally ran the trail 4 times. I have seen a stock side kick run it and also built rock buggys. I can get you more info if you want to go. I don't associate with my exclub but I still have contacts.

Cleaned up the thread a bit..

Ceb0217 and Bronzewyrm please take the discussions back-channel

It's irrelevant to this thread..

Back