• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex Plate- TC questions

I would check your motor mounts, transmission mount, and transmission to engine bolts to make sure everything is tight so it won't happen again.

+1 on using loctite for the bolts so they don't work loose.

I would check your motor mounts, transmission mount, and transmission to engine bolts to make sure everything is tight so it won't happen again.

Wat? What do engine mounts have to do with the flex plate cracking? While its not a bad idea to check the mounts there is no way a mount could contribute to a cracked flex plate without a broken bell housing.

Wat? What do engine mounts have to do with the flex plate cracking? While its not a bad idea to check the mounts there is no way a mount could contribute to a cracked flex plate without a broken bell housing.

The few cracked flexplates I have seen, the mounts were shot and the bolts holding the trans to the engine were very loose. Were they the cause? Probably not, but it never hurts to make sure everything is tight to eliminate them as a possibility. I can imagine that a combination of loose bolts and bad mounts could cause movement and stress, which equals cracking.

Back