• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Internal engine maintenance, few questions

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
So after checking a few things, I found that my timing Chain has excessive play in it. I have decided I am going to change my timing Chain and the gasket of course. I am also going to replace the rear main seal as its leaking. I figured while the pan is off I might as well upgrade my oil pump as well. I am going to lose the high capacity melling one. Anyone have any advice or hints? Thanks in advance

Thanks for the heads up Talyn. Standard volume it is. Should I even bother changing the oil pump? I was only going to go with the HV because it seemed good for the engine. My Oil pressure stays around 40+psi

40+ psi seems high to me unless it's when you first start up and the engine is cold.

After mine is warmed up it sits around 10-12psi at idle. 125k miles.

40+ psi seems high to me unless it's when you first start up and the engine is cold.

After mine is warmed up it sits around 10-12psi at idle. 125k miles.

Actually, 10-12 is low. the "norm" is "usually" around 20

I put them in quotes because every engine is different but if mine was only running 10-15 hot I'd be looking for a reason.

Mine is at 40 at start up and 23 at warm. Engine is 217k. Runs nice. I am replacing rear main seal, oil pan seal, tps, cps, transmission fluid change, plus fix the rust spots.

Back