• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rmc bead locks

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know anything about these? Under $800 for 17s but look like made in China. Junk?

I went ahead and ordered some. Hopefully they aren't garbage. $780 to my door for 4 17s 8x6.5 bolt pattern. Weigh 40# ea so shouldn't be too thin I wouldn't think. Time will tell.

I googled them and checked out their website but didn't see where you could purchase them. I'm in the market for some new wheels but will likely just get some junkyard wheels and weld on a rock ring or beadlock to it because I'm too cheap after all the purchases to get the D44's under the rig.
Let us know how they turn out.

I got them on eBay. There were 2 sets on there but both are gone now.

8808ad47cc8e7328a6077928f60b5aa3.jpg

I got black rings.

Not a smoking deal but not that horrible I guess. FYI Raceline (Allied) steel like that are about 820 plus shipping for 4. But your getting a tried and trued company that has been around for decades I think.

In any case its only a steel wheel. If you were asking about a alum wheel, I would say, good luck.

Not a smoking deal but not that horrible I guess. FYI Raceline (Allied) steel like that are about 820 plus shipping for 4. But your getting a tried and trued company that has been around for decades I think.

In any case its only a steel wheel. If you were asking about a alum wheel, I would say, good luck.

Those allieds were 17s? Cheapest I can find is $300 a wheel.

Those allieds were 17s? Cheapest I can find is $300 a wheel.

List pricing - yes, 308ea I believe. I sell em and most do, well below that.

I wouldnt worry about it. They are likely fine...

Well its just like a Yukon zip locker wont be found listed for less than like $895 (I sell em for $715 shipped), but we can sell for what ever we like. Same with Raceline/allied, and many other manufactures. You have to call or email etc, to get the best pricing sometimes.

I found someone on pirate that had problems with these and returned them. I messaged the seller and this is what I got. Sound like bs? Should I not take a chance and return them? I have Iroks.

No. They will not work with BFG red labels. When the rig is bolted to the rim it has .600 clearance. DOT says the bead must be .750 thick. Red labels have a .625 thick bead, so that means it only clamps by .025. I measured 35' AT's at .765, 37" Lakesea tires at .800, 42 Pitbulls at .850, and 37 Goodyears at .925. We ran for 4 miles in a race with a flat and did not loose a tire. As long as you have anything besides a red label you should be good.
I also had a customer who took the rims with my tires to a Mexican tire shop to have them balanced. They did not understand the beadlock wheel and ended up cutting the sidewall of the tire before they could get the bead to break. I repeat, as long as your tire has at least a .750 thick bead there should be no problem. Most offroad tires have a thicker bead than DOT requires, but since the red label tires are not DOT, they can build them how they want.

They came in. This is what I am dealing with. Thoughts? I have never seen another set to compare against.
53accd47569f284ca82fba5a216a6f1e.jpg
21190c0809d0069525476beae8945e01.jpg
ceead6534ba03c0ef704a89aaa840714.jpg
cf4fa01b2d2b3aed84877ddf76afa0d0.jpg

Back