• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Workday - 2N49, January 18, 2015

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The next scheduled workday is Sunday January 18th on 2N49. The main focus of this day is brushing the trail, general cleanup, and checking trail condition after recent storms.

Map of 2N49

SUNDAY, JANUARY 18
Meet Point 10:00 AM 2N49 SOUTH END / PALM AVE

We will meet at 10:00 AM at the Southern end of 2N49, the end of Palm Ave. in San Bernardino. From there we will take 2N49 up toward Lake Silverwood doing trail maintenance along the way.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). Since this is winter you should have four wheel drive.
Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoe mandatory.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so I can properly plan.

Thank you for your time and I hope to see you on the 17th.

Last edited:
Since I work every other weekend, I have a 50/50 chance of being able to make it. And I lose again...I'm working that day. :(

Tentative depending on my work schedule this weekend

I can't kick this cough... I am not taking my lungs over about 1,000 feet anytime soon. =(

I hope it went well! I am, unfortunately, very glad I didn't attempt to go... I felt like reheated death much of the weekend. Stayed home sick today, even.

Thank you Sean for coming out to help with the 2N49 maintenance run and 2015 maintenance plan survey. We logged 17.2 miles of trail, removed one discarded tire from the trailhead, picked up various pieces of garbage, and winched two fallen trees clear of the trail.

On Monday Sebastian and I picked up the forest service Adopt-A-Trail trailer and picked up a full load of debris from the Arrastre Shooting Area off 2N02. Irresponsible target shooters are a real problem in this area and, if not kept in check, will ultimately lead to the closure of this and other legal shooting areas.

Photos will be posted up later, I have not had a chance to host them just yet.

Keep an eye on this forum for the next maintenance days.

I vote for the weekend of 2/21 or 2/28, to avoid interference with KOH and VDay weekends.

Maybe my lungs will function again by then, too...

Back