• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iacv gasket

Pchitti

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure of the actual jeep term for it.

Cleaned the idle air control unit, gasket broke... Haven't been able to find anything online or at the usual parts stores. Not really a part I wanna try to use rtv. Only thing I can think of is to buy gasket material and make one.

Any ideas?

Would be better than the duct tape gaskets I made for a lawn mower.
But for the price I will just grab a sheet of fiber gasket.

Is there really no replacement gasket for these? All I can find is new units, and that doesnt come with the gasket.

Man I need to sleep or something. Somehow missed all the posts on the various forums saying they used blue rtv since its not available...

Guess its back to the store tomorrow.

Every small shop should have a roll of gasket material on hand, I cannot begin to count how many times its saved time and $$

Oh.. the housing itself, should have clarified that in your first post. But its not a sensor and most people don't take the housing off as there is no gasket specifically for that to purchase. I would use paper with a very light coat of RTV on it. Its not very thick.

You might want to think twice about using a silicone gasket maker. The silicone can kill o2 sensors. They do make sensor safe stuff. if you use that make sure it sensor safe

You might want to think twice about using a silicone gasket maker. The silicone can kill o2 sensors. They do make sensor safe stuff. if you use that make sure it sensor safe
Most RTV silicon gasket makers are sensor safe. Just looking at Permatex's gasket maker line shows only two listed as non sensor safe: Permatex High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket and Permatex Gear Oil RTV Gasket Maker.

Not uncommon, and now you wont have to do the rounds at all the box stores. lol

Mine is getting sealed tomorrow. I just need to find a way to get to the crack in my exhaust manifold now... I know the quick steel stuff isnt permanent, but its a lot easier than a new manifold right now.

I just need to find a way to get to the crack in my exhaust manifold now... I know the quick steel stuff isnt permanent, but its a lot easier than a new manifold right now.

Get the kind that comes on a spool.... i think lincoln makes it? Its good stuff, just dont warp it.

Back