• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice on rebuilding RE double shear track bar Flex joint

highspeed

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE double shear track bar. I'm getting some movement at the flex joint on the drivers side mount even though the joint is 1 yr old and only has 3 wheeling trips on it. I have tightened the bolt holding the joint as tight as my impact will go. I want to rebuild the joint but can't figure out if the joint is the small or large size listed on RE's website. Anyone know?

Also, I have a RC flex joint spanner wrench for my RC Long Arms and was wondering if it will work on the RE flex joint?

My assumption is that the RE DS Track Bar uses the large size super flex joint seen here:

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Fabri...spx?t_c=86&t_s=528&t_pt=101460&t_pn=R/ERE3799

I know someone has had experience with this before.

I'm pretty sure it's the large flex joint. I ordered a rebuild kit for it a while back and never used it. If I can find it, you are welcome to it.

And it's the smaller flex joint. The control arms use the large one. And after tightening it down a time or two it will just need to be rebuilt. Kits are cheap. I would HIGHLY recommend a trackbar brace as well.

yes. back out the locking allen screw and tighten the spanner nut.

This will work but eventually you will need to replace the teflon races inside.

And it's the smaller flex joint. The control arms use the large one. And after tightening it down a time or two it will just need to be rebuilt. Kits are cheap. I would HIGHLY recommend a trackbar brace as well.

....its the smaller flex joint but be careful, RE makes 2 different smaller flex joints, the difference is with the mounting bolt diameter--you can get one with a smaller mounting bolt or a larger mounting bolt. I am referring to where it mounts to the track-bar bracket (frame side).

I cant remember the bolt sizes of the top of my head but I run the same track-bar, smaller flex joint but with the larger mounting bolt. I have both of these in my garage, not sure if the part numbers are on them but I will check.

X2 on the track-bar brace!

Last edited:
The bolt diameter should not effect the plastic races in the joint that you replace when you rebuild. The bolt on the trackbar flex joint is 1/2" whereas the upper control arm is the factory 10mm iirc. Both being the small flex joint.

This will work but eventually you will need to replace the teflon races inside.

....its the smaller flex joint but be careful, RE makes 2 different smaller flex joints, the difference is with the mounting bolt diameter--you can get one with a smaller mounting bolt or a larger mounting bolt. I am referring to where it mounts to the track-bar bracket (frame side).

I cant remember the bolt sizes of the top of my head but I run the same track-bar, smaller flex joint but with the larger mounting bolt. I have both of these in my garage, not sure if the part numbers are on them but I will check.

X2 on the track-bar brace!

I have the track bar brace already. It's RE as well, and pure beef also

Back