• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE questions

Phantom xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm stuck between there re 5.5 long arm and IRO 5.5 long arm. I've seen plenty of of picks with the IRO setup but not the Re and trust me I've looked. My question is how does the Re flex against the iro. I know re has a great reputation but I'm mainly concerned about the flex. Will it hold its own against IRO 3 link? Any info would be great.

it will flex fine, and you wont have to worry about the caster thing possibly failing, with that being said id sugest you take a look at Clayton

I looked at Clayton some but I thought they made the long arm upgrade and not a complete kit. I'm new to the jeeps, been wheeling toyotas for 15 years and just been doing a lot of reading, don't want to jump on something and regret my decision.

Love my RE long arms. It is a radius arm setup but performs great. At some point I'll do 44 or 60 front and 3 link. Whichever you end up doing. Keep cog lower
Old pic but you get the picture...

Thanks for the pic. I've been leaning towards the Re kit more because a buddy of mine has a 3.5 short arm and it flexs really good. This is my first jeep build and I'm just trying to do as much research as possible.

Yea I thought about it and was gonna edit it but too late. Yea 5.5 with 33x10.5 15 should be good I would assume. I was always into mud with the toyota and the higher the better. I been wheeling with a lot of jeeps lately and they like the rocks, my toyota flexs about as much as a brick so I'm gonna give my yota to my son and let him thrash it.

Love my RE long arms. It is a radius arm setup but performs great. At some point I'll do 44 or 60 front and 3 link. Whichever you end up doing. Keep cog lower
Old pic but you get the picture...

Great looking jeep, what size tires are u running with the 5.5 lift

I run a RE 3.5" super flex with 33s and cut fenders. I love the setup and the only reason I'm going a little higher is to make up for the drop due to all the weight in the jeep. But it won't be much, figure 1.5" all the way around, and the next set of tires will be 35s for sure.

Forget iron rocks long arm, you don't want it! I've ran it, (along with several others) and was not impressed!

You will be more than happy with the re long arm! It will flex just fine, and is a great starting point.

Back