• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj+XJ bastard pack

Pchitti

NAXJA Forum User
So as Ive mentioned a couple times here, this is my first vehicle with rear leafs. Picked up a two XJ leaf packs, decided im gonna do the 2" Budget Boost lift.

Here is my dilemma:
How long of U bolts and center bolts will I need.
What is the best thing to use as a coating after grinding and cutting leafs?

Thanks for any help guys, I will eventually have a clue what im doing on the rear of this thing.

Stock size ubolts is plenty depending on how you're doing the bastard pack. Mines a bastard pack using a upcountry pack with a main leaf from a stock pack under the upcountry main and stock size U-bolts were plenty. But if you add more then you'll want a longer u-bolt. Center bolt I don't remember lol either someone will say or you can google it. The measurement is around here lol.

OK cool, just dont wanna buy the wrong stuff. The XJ is the only vehicle right now, Ive been in the position where the only car is in pieces and I need to get to the parts store... lol

I doubt I will be able to reuse either of the U bolts or center pins, will swing by and buy stock replacements. Will prob only be adding the main leaf.

So as Ive mentioned a couple times here, this is my first vehicle with rear leafs. Picked up a two XJ leaf packs, decided im gonna do the 2" Budget Boost lift.

Here is my dilemma:
How long of U bolts and center bolts will I need.
What is the best thing to use as a coating after grinding and cutting leafs?

Thanks for any help guys, I will eventually have a clue what im doing on the rear of this thing.

Do your self a big favor and just purchase a 2" lift kit. It will come with everything you need and it will save you a lot of time, money and head aches in the long run. Take from one who tried it the way you are thinking about.

Bastard packs work well, experiment and see what happens. I have built 5 bastard packs so far, have good results from all of them, and recommend them as a low cost option.

Buy longer u-bolts and center pins, then trim them to size after they are installed.

Do your self a big favor and just purchase a 2" lift kit. It will come with everything you need and it will save you a lot of time, money and head aches in the long run. Take from one who tried it the way you are thinking about.

Where's the fun in that? Lol
Already have the leaf packs, don't have $300 sitting around burning a hole in my pocket. Other than hardware I only need to pick up front coils.

XJ leaves are 1/4" thick. Order u-bolts and center pins accordingly.

Yep, I added 1/2" to my stack height. ;)

The local spring shop made U-bolts while I waited, They charged me less than $25 for the U-bolts with nuts and hardened washers.

Back