• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas tank skid interchange???

yj_evolution

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have searched "gas tank skid" and read through 19 pages, and I'm still not sure about this. I've found both yes and no answers. Will an earlier factory XJ fuel tank skid fit a '98? I looked at aftermarket ones and some say they fit '84'-01.

I have a '98, and I have a fuel tank skid I got for my '94 that I was wanting to put on the '98 instead. I figured I would ask here before I dropped the receiver. Has anybody put an earlier model skid on a later XJ? The later models are a little harder to come by at the JY down here, but should I just find one from a '97-'01? Thanks.

All you have to do is cut the rear most welds and bend it a bit. I have an early skid on my 99

Basically there's a weld that holds the side plate in at an angle. You pull it straight. After that the actual skid needs to be pulled "down" towards the ground so it fits the late model elongated gas tank.
A80B1384-BECE-4C70-BEA3-94AE6A3E4215_zpsk6aceg4k.jpg

Last edited:
Back