• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well,heres my ongoing project.........Lift complete

1987chief

NAXJA Forum User
1987 Cherokee Chief.4.0,286kms,np242,aw4,dana 44.Bought it a year ago off the original owner,500$.Motor runs great,no smoke,blow by,tick,or abnormal oil use.Body & under carradge good,with no rust.Interior blue,good shape other than the headliner,a little saggy.
Did all the usual stuff when I bought it,fixed oil/coolant leak,changed fluids thermostat,engine/rad flush,any MANY other little routine things to get it as reliable as possible.Added 4 ball joints,new front ujoints,,track bar,& relocate.Generally used for fishing out in the bush.
Just finished doing a Junkyard lift on it.2000 Blazer rear leaf pack for 3 1/4" in the rear,& a set of used junk yard RC coil springs for 3 3/4 lift in the front.Sits perfect.Picked up a set of 4 almost new RC shocks.Also a set of firestone a/t's,31X10.50,& fresh front end alignment.

Question on RC shocks:Not sure I like them,the ride seems a little too stiff.Quite sure it hasn't to do with the coils or new leafs.
Anyone else have opinions on the RC shocks???

Heres before and after pics if I can upload them????

??Guess Im unable to upload pics?????????
??Because Im a new member perhaps?????

Back