• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement headliner board/shell source?

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a replacement headliner board/shell source for a 1987-ish Cherokee-XJ/Wagoneer-XJ?

junkyard is your best bet

I am looking for a new aftermarket version!

The problem with buying a new one lies in paying the shipping and crating. They are large and will be very expensive to deliver in good condition. Ever wonder why a very large bag of packing peanuts costs so much when it weighs so little?

Shipping cost...

I do know... $210.00 from WI to PA! :)

I'm not sure if you know this but any XJ headliner will fit any year XJ. I have put many 2001 headliners in Renix era XJs to gain the integrated speaker bar. Most of these boards even in the junkyard are still in excellent condition. Good luck with your search!
-Collin

From my experience, the newer headliners are not the same size.

go to the JY and get one. I had to do this on mine. while I had it out i peeled the old liner off of the board and cleaned the foam junk off. I used some fabric from a hobby shop and some 3m spray adheasive. Worked great.

Back