• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adj. Fuel pressure regulator

GWag87

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a tried and true adjustable fuel pressure regulator for my 94 4.0

Right now the engine is stock but It's being swapped into an 88 grand wagoneer fsj. I'm running a fuel system that provides 90 psi from the pump. I need a way to nock the pressure down to usable 4.0 pressure but also be adjustable to meet the demands of modification and more fuel flow.

What regulator do yall prefer?

Is hesco the only option? I can't see paying $170 for the hesco afpr when I can get one for $60 off summit.

I know the stock fpr sets on the fuel rail and the universal ones are remote Mount. Is there any way to use the universal fpr on the 4.0 ho

Why do you want adjustable?

The FPR on your 94 is a little plug in unit, that is bolt in replaceable with about 5 other pressures in any range you could possibly want.

PR210 39 psi (stock)
PR211 50 psi
PR209 55 psi
PR321 58 psi

Don't complicate what is very very easy.

Thank you for your input. I was unaware of the options available. That is why I asked.

Your answer was exactly what info I needed. Thanks Cal

FWIW I run the PR209 55psi on our jeep, and its too much for our injectors. I've got a 50 psi one sitting there, just haven't bothered to swap it out yet. On a stock motor I'd just run the stock one.

FYI the WJ fuel filter/pressure regulator can be used for 50 psi.The filter is a pressure regulator combo mounted outside the tank..Not hard to plumb either.You can use a newer fuel rail,returnless.All you need to do is plumb a return line at the filter back to the tank.I have one in my 88 renix era.It is mounted where the stock filter used to reside.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omix-Ada-17...228341344?fits=Make:Jeep|Model:Grand+Cherokee
Or just check your favorite parts house,Advance Auto,Autozone...

Last edited:
Back