• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hesitation on acceleration after new motor mounts

Khary23

NAXJA Forum User
Last week I changed my old motor mounts and now on occasion when I accelerate there is a hesitation for a few seconds until it catches. Sometimes accompanied by a clunk that can be felt. Is this a tranny problem or could things be out of alignment because of the new mounts?

its definatly not the mounts, they are Ironman 4x4 and they keep the motor in place. My old mounts were so shot that my fan clutch went through my radiator so I'm thinking the old mounts may have caused some problem.

Last edited:
Did you do the trans mount too?

when you say hesitation, is it RPM not climbing or what? you probably knocked something loose while climbing around on the engine. I would check the TV cable, trans plug, vacuum to the map sensor, stuff like that.

clunk could be anything, bad u-joint or something.

when you say hesitation, is it RPM not climbing or what? you probably knocked something loose while climbing around on the engine. I would check the TV cable, trans plug, vacuum to the map sensor, stuff like that.

clunk could be anything, bad u-joint or something.

Sorry for the bad description. The RPM's rise, but there is no acceleration.

Back