• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aluminum Flywheel sub 15 lbs

I can understand a lightweight flywheel for racing where you want to rap it quick, but for rock crawling, I actually added 11 lbs to mine. It makes it a lot better for going over obstacles.

At 15 lbs it will rev quickly; great for running dunes and all out desert racing. If you plan on driving in the city or any normal wheeling your going to chew up a lot of clutches and a lot of flywheels. You will also need an Kevlar clutch to match that aluminum flywheel.
if you want faster revs for normal wheeling and driving consider a billet steel flywheel like one from McLeod a few pounds lighter with out the headaches of an aluminum flywheel.

well for Gradon and me, racing is the reason for lightweight. I understand most want the heavier flywheels for rock crawling/pulling.

This is a great option for those that race.

less weight will make it rev quicker. I did a lightweight flywheel in a honda track car, made a heck of a difference removing 6lbs from the flywheel on a 1.6l engine. I wouldn't consider it for a jeep unless you're doing a 2wd racer.

Back