• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap guttermount roof rack ?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Looking for a cheap guttermount roof rack or maybe one that I can borrow in the OC area (it'd go on top of the JK). In-laws are in town and we'll be taking a couple day trip and I with the little one's stuff (stroller, travel bed, etc) we won't have enough room for all of the other stuff inside...... Thoughts? Ideas? suggestions?

Went through this last summer. You might consider a cheap Walmart set up, if you consider it light weight, one time or rare use. Or consider a hitch basket?

I researched a roof rack for my JK hard top. Couldn't really find the best set up. It seems the heavy duty stuff mounts around the top at the windshield brackets and rear bumper. The best "sport rack" option I found was a combo front gutter mount and rear bolt on brackets ...... I gave up for now.

I read some info regarding racks damaging the hardtop gutters.

I did learn that you can jam ALOT of stuff around the side between the roll bar and side windows, we got by without the extra storage.

Back