• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spartan Locker Installed. LOUD?

Sounds perfectly normal for a spartan with the cover off. It will still be easily audible with the cover on.

Good deal. I had read these things made some racket but wow... so whats it gonna be like driving down the road with this thing? Am I gonna be able to hear myself think? lol

Good deal. I had read these things made some racket but wow... so whats it gonna be like driving down the road with this thing? Am I gonna be able to hear myself think? lol

you wont hear it once youre moving, you will only hear it when moving slowly and turning sharp like a parking lot. I can feel mine more than I can hear it really, I dont hear it unless the windows are down even in parking lots.

you wont hear it once youre moving, you will only hear it when moving slowly and turning sharp like a parking lot. I can feel mine more than I can hear it really, I dont hear it unless the windows are down even in parking lots.

Sounds good haha had myself worried! Thanks for sharing!

Sounds about right. I have an Aussie locker in my 8.25 and it sounds about the same. It will get quieter when you close it up and add fluid. It will also get quieter after you run it a while. That's what they call ratcheting but it really is more of a clunking sound. As time goes on you will get use to it.

I have a locrite in the front of mine. It used to cluck really bad when i first put it in. Like shake the steering wheel bad. But only while doing uturns or pulling into a parking stall. It quieted down substantially after the first few trips i put on it. But now that i have a rear spool i cant hear it at all haha.

Got the cover on and fluid in and it sounds much better now.

Are they supposed to pop when turning? It popped so loud yesterday I actually pulled over off the road because I thought I had snapped an ear off my axle shaft.

Makes all sorts of sketchy sounding noises. Im used to lock outs, this is the first 30 Ive had that Ive ran a locker in. Guess its just the nature of the beast?

Got the cover on and fluid in and it sounds much better now.

Are they supposed to pop when turning? It popped so loud yesterday I actually pulled over off the road because I thought I had snapped an ear off my axle shaft.

Makes all sorts of sketchy sounding noises. Im used to lock outs, this is the first 30 Ive had that Ive ran a locker in. Guess its just the nature of the beast?

yes, that's how an auto locker works.
The side gears ratchet when you turn. it will quiet down a little as the teeth wear.

Back