• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower Motor Woes

Kingkong0192

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy has a 97 XJ.

His exact words are this, "The blower motor doesn't run but every once in a while when i start the car it will work for a short period of time before cutting out. A couple of times it has turned on while driving but quickly turns off again. Seems like it has a loose ground but i can't find any problem. It's a 97 chefokee".

He says he replaced "both the motor and capacitor" and the "control unit".

Any ideas where I should point him?

This is going to be the next step on mine: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...blown-melted-resistor-switch-wire-fix-580627/

I just did motor and resistor. Didn't work at all before, now it only works on low. The above and a new switch will go in once I get a chance to work on it.

The wiring on these things is inadequate. It heats up, creates resistance and things go wrong. Use the factory wiring to switch a relay and pull some power from a better, fused source and life generally improves.

If he is worried about a ground he could test that by running a ground to the blower motor housing itself. See if the situation changes.

Last edited:
The 97 has a blower motor relay up behind the glovebox.

Back