• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are your favorite Mod Tech Topics?

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
Considered putting this in off topic but I will let the moderator decide.....

Its a slow night here at home. Spent the last couple hours revisiting old threads I had posted on in the last 8 years. Came to realize there were several pretty common Modified Tech topics that I really enjoy. I always like helping a newbie with a build, especially a junk yard build which is where I started. But there are just certain topics that are flat fun:

Lift Blocks (I run em, 1").
Dana 35 builds (either in jest or in earnest they are always fun)
Spools (I loved mine, especially on ice, but hated the tire wear)
Monroe Shocks (I run 1962 F-100's 12" travel)

Guess I like them because they bring in the best and worst in people and in every case other than the Dana 35 build I get to play advocate for the unpopular position.

So what are your favorite Mod Tech Threads?

John

Last edited:
One of my favorites I can remember was a picture of a driveshaft wraped in wood contact paper. It was amazing how many people thought he went to the lumberyard and built his own driveshaft.

My favorite Topics are threads asking What are our favorite thread topics. And threads on rear 14bolt swaps, front hp44 or hp60 swaps, custom 3 links, death wobble fixes, hybrid cages, and diagnosing No-starts and electrical issues, dialing in caster, brake booster/master combos with hp44/14b setups

Last edited:
Back