PDA

View Full Version : Chili pepper red... in a can?

Boostwerks.com
December 8th, 2014, 07:00
I was curious if anyone's had any luck with duplicolor or any other mfg of the OEM chili pepper red in a can? If so what did you use?

I might resort to the mopar stuff if I have to, but holy crap is that stuff expensive.

TIA!
Bryson

js_customs
December 9th, 2014, 18:09
I haven't bought the chili pepper red, so this probably isn't much help, but I painted a rear hatch for my Subaru with paint from here and it matched really well. It's not cheap either though

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint_matched.aspx

WB9YZU
December 9th, 2014, 23:07
You could check out your local body shop store, get a pint of 1 step mixed, then buy one of those spray cans that you add bulk to.
I went to HF freight and picked up a small touch up gun.

Cottontail
December 10th, 2014, 04:34
I bought the Mopar OEM Silverstone Metallic in a 5 oz can from Quadratec and was very pleased. I used it in quarter panels and it matched very well. It wasn't unreasonably priced and shipped pretty quickly. I don't see why the Chili Pepper would be any different. Just take your paint code off the door panel when you order.

Count me satisfied.

old_man
December 10th, 2014, 05:31
Pick up a can of single stage at Ed's Auto Paint. I got some for a local guy a few years back and painted a door for him. It matched pretty good after I buffed the original paint. If you need some help, I can squirt it for you. I am getting ready to paint my Jeep in the next couple of weeks as well.

Lurch
December 10th, 2014, 06:26
I used these guys to mix up Colorado Red in a spray can when I was touching up my MJ. I was very satisfied with the results.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com

Boostwerks.com
December 10th, 2014, 13:15
Thank's for the input guys! I ended up picking up a can of the dupli-color stuff for about $8 a can and was pretty pleased with the results. I still need to throw some clear down, but I was pretty impressed with the color. I'll throw a picture up when I have a chance.

831_xj
December 11th, 2014, 12:03
Napa makes single stage paints in a can in house. And you get 12 or 14oz instead of the 6 or something duplicolor has. Plus you won't need the clear.