• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

helppp pleaseq

"lets bring more people in from Facebook" - all of naxja

*guy comes in from facebook*

"i have a question"
"search"

..sigh.

Its a Peugoet BA 10/5.

"lets bring more people in from Facebook" - all of naxja

*guy comes in from facebook*

"i have a question"
"search"

..sigh.

Its a Peugoet BA 10/5.

I understand what your saying but he has three posts and they are in the wrong forum/threads all asking the same thing

OK that's a great way to make new people feel welcome no wonder why nobody is on this forum no more it was a simple ? But you got to blow it up more than it is and besides your wrong not all 90s came with a pugeut trans some actually came with a ax 15 mine in particular but thanks for your rude comments

so im assuming googling it helped you identify it? i've never seen a renix rig with a ax15 in it that's new to me :dunno:

so im assuming googling it helped you identify it? i've never seen a renix rig with a ax15 in it that's new to me :dunno:

Could have been already swapped

A 1989xj could have either an ax 15 or a BA 10. It was a transition year. My current Cherokee Wasn't earlier built 1989 it has the ba tranny. The Cherokee I had before this was a later built at and it had the ax15 tranny in it. Sometimes the search feature here does not work that well. There's no reason that a person asking simple question should get ragged at and talked about like you some kind of Mook. not everybody knows everything about Jeep Cherokees. This is a forum and we're supposed to share our ideas and help other people out if you don't want to help don't answer the question. Seems to me when somebody just answer the questions search they don't know the answer Or are afraid to give an answer because it might be wrong and they might look stupid. Help maybe we should just stop answering questions and just have everybody search this forum. I'm sure that would make it a lot easier for the moderators and probably a lot cheaper to run the form that way.

OK that's a great way to make new people feel welcome no wonder why nobody is on this forum no more it was a simple ? But you got to blow it up more than it is and besides your wrong not all 90s came with a pugeut trans some actually came with a ax 15 mine in particular but thanks for your rude comments
People are less likely to help someone who cross posts the same question in multiple locations, and can actually spell "help please."

Even less likely when someone has an attitude like we owe them an answer.

ax-15 has case splits horizontal to driveshafts

ba-10 splits down the middle lengthwise, parallel to the driveshafts.

there, answered.

and please OP, read the fourm rules and post your questions in the proper forum. We've got 15 years worth of posts/technical data here. If we didn't keep it somewhat organized no one would ever find anything technical.

Late 1990 had a 21 spline AX-15.

A bunch of people will tell you that it doesn't exist. I'm telling you that it does.

Make your own decision on who to trust. :)

Seems like you have your answer but f.y.i. the Faq area here has some of the best tech on Xjs anywhere. Particularly page 3 where I found this http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101120

There is a ton of info here, so much so that if I need to know ANY XJ info I use site search on Google and can read a few threads and find either a definitive answer or the two major opinions and their arguing points. If I have questions still, I will post citing what I learned on my own. People are way more likely to help if you show some effort on your end.

ax-15 has case splits horizontal to driveshafts

ba-10 splits down the middle lengthwise, parallel to the driveshafts.

there, answered.

and please OP, read the fourm rules and post your questions in the proper forum. We've got 15 years worth of posts/technical data here. If we didn't keep it somewhat organized no one would ever find anything technical.

Uhhh....what the heck are you saying ???

horizontal to the driveshafts ?????

horizontal means pretty much parallel to the ground, and the driveshafts are pretty much parallel to the ground...so kinda saying the same thing

Sure you didn't mean perpendicular to the driveshaft ????, or vertical, which means pretty much 90 deg to the ground

Anyway, doing a search, the AX 15 has vertical joints (90 deg to the main shaft) where the case splits......the BA10 has vertical (90 deg to the main shaft) AND linear (parallel to the main shaft) joints where the case breaks.

AX15
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartpartsauto.com%2Fimages%2Fax15_jeep_transmission.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartpartsauto.com%2Fconversion_peugeot_to_ax15_27_3510aa.html&h=300&w=450&tbnid=5gubgntfUrVVYM%3A&zoom=1&docid=Pua0vAGAgQYL3M&ei=d16MVKKgLoyogwSJk4KYDQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CDYQMygFMAU&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=4082&page=1&start=0&ndsp=27

BA10
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...iact=rc&uact=3&dur=735&page=1&start=0&ndsp=27

Last edited:
Late 1990 had a 21 spline AX-15.

A bunch of people will tell you that it doesn't exist. I'm telling you that it does.

Make your own decision on who to trust. :)

i had one of them "unicorns" ... i dont know why people have such a hard time believing that Jeep, or any other Mfg for that matter, had parts over lap, and strange anomalies, from year to year. ESPECIALLY Jeep enthusiasts.
they don't discontinue a model run because of a parts shortage. they know it's coming and come up with a "fix" to finish the model year out.

Back