• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express 5.5" lift coils

jeep.kevin

NAXJA Forum User
So, I searched and Googled before posting this and had no luck.

Could someone please tell me how tall their RE 5.5" coils are installed with weight on their XJ. I've been looking for an install height to go by so I can mach up my new suspension.

Thanks guys.

On my last rig, I had the RE 3.5 coils and they settled out to be almost 4.5. I didn't have any gear on it like bumpers or what not.

Don't know if that helps, I know RE has changed in the last few years.

Jeepedo, I know RE springs tend to be a bit higher than they advertise. I'm actually hoping that is the case. Thanks for the help, I need to know how tall they are installed so I can set my axle in place and build the suspension.

Expect em to sit more like 6.5", 6ish if your rig has a winch bumper etc.

I think the op is asking for a measurement (the spring is x" tall with weight on it), not a lift height. Could be wrong here... Im on island time right now so who knows.

Take your current coil height and add, can't be that hard

I think the op is asking for a measurement (the spring is x" tall with weight on it), not a lift height. Could be wrong here... Im on island time right now so who knows.

This ^^ I would take my stock coil height and just add but with the varying heights that people report about their springs I was just curious if someone could throw a tape measure on theirs and tell me how tall they are when installed. Plus, my stock coils are pretty wore out and might be lower than most. Just sayin, thanks guys.

My RE 5.5 coils are 18" when installed and weight is on the tires. I have a winch.

Edit: coils are basically new. I measured from flat part of the coil bucket to the bottom of the rubber isolator.

Back