• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring repair

Rattle Trap

NAXJA Forum User
The leaf springs on my Cherokee have lost the rear band that holds the 2 leafs together on both driver and passenger side. It now makes a "clacking" sound when I drive over bumps. Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement bands to fix this problem? I appreciate any information you can provide. (I apologize if I didn't use the correct terminology for what they are really called. I'm not sure if they are "straps" "bands" or something else.)

Thank you Tim, I went to their website and found what I was looking for. It is called a "spring clamp clip." They are sold as a pair for only $12.99. I also got free shipping. A very inexpensive repair. Hopefully this info can help someone else on this site with the same problem. All Cherokees will have this problem eventually. From what I have heard it is quite common for these clamps to rust apart. Thanks for the information.

Back