• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front skid plate fitment

better to ask in oem tech, you'd get a quicker reply.

(that's forum speak for i dont know the answer to this)

;)

Why is that? I'm at about 3.5"

whats it protecting? sway bar? makes working on steering fun unless you have rubber arms.

49316d1305909965t-xj-front-skid-new-wind.jpg

I had one from 04 to 2010. At low lifts it gave some warning and protection to the tie rod, but that still did not stop me from bending a couple stock tie rods when I dropped them down onto rocks. Later after I went to 4.5" lift the best it could do is give a warning "grind" before I put a rock into the tie rod. A few times after I went to a 4.5~5" lift I smacked it so hard that it bent up and jammed the drag link so could only steer a little bit. A huge pain to get it unbent and free the steering up. I got rid of it after that. I will say the one place that it really helps is in deep water crossings. For what ever reason I feel like my bow waves were a bit stronger when I had that on the rig. I had a few that put the jeep in a "hole" where the water level level was almost a foot lower at the rig than it was outside the bow wave. After I took it off I never saw a bow wave that big or the "hole" around the Jeep that deep again.

John

craigslist it. Doubt anyone but someone with a stocker would want it.

Back