• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME and flexing...

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, sorry in advance for the long post...have to get all the details out. I have a 96XJ that i recently put a OME kit sligthly modified to get me 3.5" of lift. Front coils are 2930 with a 1.75" spacer, rear leaf packs are CS033RB. Have 60053L OME shocks which are the long travel version. Stock sport wheels with 31x10.50 MTR Kevlar

New jeep i just picked up is a 2000 Limited with the nice shiney 16" limited wheels. I don't want to go as high as the 96....but would like to attempt to utilize the kit. If i leave the spacer out and just install the 2930 spring up front, is that roughtly 2"? As for the rear, can i remove a leaf from the pack to lower the total lift height in the rear to match the front closer to 2 or 2.5" or so? Also, at that height, for 90% on road driving, and 10% mild off road trails, is there a problem running the long travel shocks?
If i go that route, i still need new tires...dont want to put the 31's on it obviously so i would just wrap the nice 16" rim on the limited with new rubber, what is closest to 30x9.5x16?

Finally, in the RARE event i will have it off road...(its my daily driver and I cant call out of work for snow so i will be in deep snow)...is there any advantage to having the OME coils and leaf packs over just going with a 2" spacer and shackle? I'm not a kid anymore, i LOVE and value the nice soft ride quality of the stock limited springs, which is why i'm considering just leaving the 96 as it is (selling it soon), and just doing a 2" spacer/shackle lift on the limited to keep the ride quality the same.

All opinions appreciated. Especially from those who actually run either a spacer/shackle budget boost or the OME 2.5" springs.

Thanks!

It will ride much better without a spacer. I went from stock coils with spacers to OME 934(V8 ZJ coils) coils and CS034RA packs with the extra leaf and it rides great. Mine is also a DD.

I have a little more weight than a stock XJ and i still haven't noticed any sag. I'm at roughly 3" after it's all said and done.

It will ride much better without a spacer. I went from stock coils with spacers to OME 934(V8 ZJ coils) coils and CS034RA packs with the extra leaf and it rides great. Mine is also a DD.

I have a little more weight than a stock XJ and i still haven't noticed any sag. I'm at roughly 3" after it's all said and done.

Wait...... You DD an XJ with a Hybrid cage? Like. A. Boss. !!!!!

Ok, back on subject now....

I still DD my OME lifted XJ even though I don't have to. It gets out on the trail some too.

Mine is similar to Flex's only I am not cool enough to have a hybrid cage yet.
Though I am in the middle of doing tube fenders!

If you got some time to kill my build is over here http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1080904

Wait...... You DD an XJ with a Hybrid cage? Like. A. Boss. !!!!!

Ok, back on subject now....

I built it to drive everywhere, OutkastBoss and I have racked some highway miles together. I drove it to Moab before the cage but it's going to colorado and possibly Arizona next year....with a fresh stroker. OME is good stuff!

ARB has really good tech support, email address is on their site. There are options for removing leaves form their packs. They can let you know specifically which ones and can clarify the tech spec on the LT shock and limit for bottoming. My gut is the shocks will be too long, as I believe they are designed for 3+ lift height.

I have the 934 springs which are good for 2.5-3" without any spacer. I believe the 930 springs would give you about 1.5-1.75". For the rear, the 033RB with one leaf removed should give you about 2.5". The regular length shocks should be used up to 3" as far as I know.

Back