• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any ideas on how to make this something to haul gear in/on with XJ?

Sorry for the shaky photos took with my cell today after a workout. I was given this trailer by my Grandfather whom bought it new in 95 used it once and let it sit. Motor is loose and has compression. Pump is shot and tank is rusted out bad. BUT, the trailer is basically new it seems and original tires are good and always in shade of avocado tree. Can hold nearly 2 tons and a 400lb toung weight it says.

Cut it down to a flat bed, add some ammo cans before and after the tires and a piece of sheet metal in between for "wheelwells".

Just like John said. You'll have nice size to haul your camping gear. But i would also add sides to it, Lets say 36" tall.
Plus call when you got avocado's on that tree. LOL.

No really PM me.

If you want to take it on public roadways you will need to put on lights and you will need to jump through the requisite hoops with the CHP/DMV in order to get plates for it.

Safety chains are probably also required.

It is a good project on which to build some skills if you don't already have the skills.

pretty simple project if you have the skills and a welder. tail light kits are cheap and easy to install. take some pictures along the way throughout the project so you can show the CHP and DMV that you made it. easy. now lets talk about that brush hog tractor attachment you got there. willing to trade for some labor? i can make that little trailer real nice for ya.

Back