• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to the area

BD01XJ

NAXJA Forum User
-Well, after many, many months of lurking on this site, I decided it was time to create an account and try to link up with fellow xj owners.

-One of my reasons for not joining sooner has been to the lack of capabilities of my jeep compared to what most of you are running. I have what most of you on the forum would call a very mild 01 xj. It has a 3" lift, 31" tires, JCR winch bumper and 9500lb winch. axles and gears are all stock: D30 and 8.25 with 3.55 and open. I have upgraded the steering to the Currie setup "death wobble issues fixed!!" and sway-bar disconnects.

-Finally, I am a family man with a 11 month old daughter and a wife who isn't a huge fan of being off camber or the nose pointed straight up or down. I hope that I have found a potential group to go on occasional rides with that don't mind families tagging along.

Welcome man!!

Anyone with a smaller rig shouldn't hesitate signing up. Some of us DD stock jeeps. In fact I'm hoarding parts for DD jeep very similar to your jeep.

Hope to see you around

You should show up for t day or Xmas tree run

Welcome to the family of misfits.

I DD and kinda wheel a 99 Cherokee at times. It's all stock but the piece together 4.5" lift and 31" mud tires.

There is something for all in this group. You should check out the 9th annual turkey day run or the upcoming noob snow run.

A nice thing about this group is there is no man left behind. Everybody does whatever it takes to get each other off the trail and home safe.

all of the above is true. One of the best times I remember was a group of 4. Me and dave open/open on 31s, and dustin and Brandon on 35's locked up, all day in 4ft of snow. My son was 3 at the time I think. what a blast. don't hesitate to come on out. from the sounds of your OP you and I started in a very similar boat.

Bronze.

And the girls, They get use to it fast. pictures galore is what my old lady does :). hope to see ya out there!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Both the Christmas tree and noob snow run sound like fun and we are planning on attending. As for the thanksgiving, both my wife's and my family live in the Spokane area, so we are headed up there tomorrow right after work.

This seems like a great group and hope to get to know the wheeling areas around. One of my main appeals to NAXJA NW chapter, was the fact that you actually respect the land that we wheel on.

Welcome man! I'm kinda in The same boat. I have a 2000 classic with a 1 3/4" Spacer/Shackle/Shocks "lift" on 30x9.5 BFG A/T. Open/Open 3.55 D30/8.25 diffs. I do on the other hand have a Very sturdy and Awesome looking Winch bumper a local guy made, that my wife got me for my Birthday. It has clevis mounts w/clevises, and a 9k winch. Factory rear bumper. I have a Warn receiver Clevis mount for rear recovery. in my recovery box I have, 2 Extra clevises, 2"x20', and a 4"x30' recovery straps, and a 48" Hi-lift Extreme. Hopefully a couple snatch blocks and a tree strap or two will find a new home in there soon as well. I may get stuck, But i can get myself out. My experience with these things, They'll get you in and out of places you have no business being in a mostly stock rig. I'm getting a proper lift for Christmas, just will need some tires for my 16" rubicon wheels I picked up last year. So Hopefully wont be too long before I'll be able to hang with some of the built rigs.

Welcome!!!! And remember, most everyone here stared out with a bone stock XJ, you build it from there.

I have what most of you on the forum would call a very mild 01 xj. It has a 3" lift, 31" tires, JCR winch bumper and 9500lb winch. axles and gears are all stock: D30 and 8.25 with 3.55 and open. I have upgraded the steering to the Currie setup "death wobble issues fixed!!" and sway-bar disconnects.

i can assure you that you are fine, mine is 3.5" mismatched lift and mismatch 31" tires lol and is quite capable. heck you got more going than mine with the currie steering and winch lol the smaller rigs do really well actually. we just got done with the thanksgiving run and mine and mopar440(2" lift i do believe and 31" tires) kept up for a good 97% of the trails.

What ^^^he^^^ said!! Welcome to the fray!!:cheers:

Glad to hear that there is a lot of people running smaller rigs. I really want to hit up TSF but I think I need to get some armor before hitting some of those trails, or I just need to avoid them (whats the fun of that!) .

Honestly I really don't have much of a desire to get any bigger it seems to fit the bill well for the family.

Demonoid369: the winch was a lot cheaper then lockers and gears and sadly, I have only needed to use it once. I need to go on more challenging trails :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear that there is a lot of people running smaller rigs. I really want to hit up TSF but I think I need to get some armor before hitting some of those trails, or I just need to avoid them (whats the fun of that!) .

Honestly I really don't have much of a desire to get any bigger it seems to fit the bill well for the family.

Demonoid369: the winch was a lot cheaper then lockers and gears and sadly, I have only needed to use it once. I need to go on more challenging trails :)

My advice, get some uniframe stiffiners. They're money well spent. The thanksgiving run confirmed that I made a great decision as I landed on them quite a few times lol

My advice, get some uniframe stiffiners. They're money well spent. The thanksgiving run confirmed that I made a great decision as I landed on them quite a few times lol

Haha! You did pretty darn good tho!

BD01XJ: You'll be okay.. Everything comes with time!

I'm a family man too, the kids LOVE camping/wheeling :cheers:

Back