• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: work party this weekend ?

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
I wouldn't normally do this, but the situation is dire.

I'm sitting here wracking my brain trying to think how we can easily get my friend's Jeep up and running safely and reliable. He has no income, a very tiny amount of food stamps, no place to live, and SHOULD be on disability, but his case was denied and is now stalled. Some days he can barely get out of bed to take a shower. This isn't some lazy guy, he's in a lot of pain, and was a fitness/life coach. He's a very nice guy that would do anything for you, and has (for me). It's time to return the favor. It would be really nice if we can show him what NAXJA is all about, comradery. Mike Finch was the one who talked him into getting a Jeep.

Would there be anyone in San Diego that's not going to goat fest be available for work party ASAP? Like sometime this weekend or Friday night? I'm busy Sat morning, and possibly Sat afternoon but would cancel my afternoon plans to make this happen. Sunday would be best for me.

What it's doing:

Sputtering. Mike Finch said one of the fuel injectors looked chewed and my friend thinks that's it. A shop told him it might be a fuel filter or something do with the fuel pump.

Overheating once in a while. It's got a new radiator and the t-stat is fairly new.

Needs a stock tire or two.

Lots of screeching sounds when it starts up.

Anyway, just a feeler. He's talking about spending his last dollars in his pocket that I basically gave him trying to fix it at a shop. He talked to one today that I trust and they said they could not get to it until Monday. He's temporarily staying with another friend in San Diego, but really cant afford gas to be moving around much. He really wants to get into a situation he can trust the vehicle and maybe even live in it if he has to. It seems like a couple guys could just do this for him out of the kindness of their hearts. I would open up my place in Escondido to work on it if need be. I have tools and a space.

If you want, you can donate financially: http://www.youcaring.com/helpglen

Last edited:
The karma that is distributed through the XJ common thread has to be the best thing created by the NAXJA community.

I would be all over this if I was local and thought I could help.

I know it's kinda far (I am near Long Beach) but I do have a set of spare injectors and a few tune up parts laying around if my renix era stuff works for you and somebody can pick them up.

You might consider posting up a list of the parts and repairs you need, maybe others will have spares they are willing to part with.

Keep posting on progress and needs.

The karma that is distributed through the XJ common thread has to be the best thing created by the NAXJA community.

I would be all over this if I was local and thought I could help.

I know it's kinda far (I am near Long Beach) but I do have a set of spare injectors and a few tune up parts laying around if my renix era stuff works for you and somebody can pick them up.

You might consider posting up a list of the parts and repairs you need, maybe others will have spares they are willing to part with.

Keep posting on progress and needs.

Yeah, thanks, that's a bit far.

I should have said, it's a 96. Most of the parts are roughly listed above. I have a line on some 91 injectors, not sure if those we'll work though, or even if it will fix the sputtering issue.

Back