• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel tank exhaust line replacement

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
I recently dropped my fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump with a better one, i noticed that my exhaust line for the fuel tank is broken clean in three places, I am unsure what kind of line to buy and what needs to be done to install it. This being a line that tends to rust out does anyone have any tips on how to replace the line?

The hangers for the tubing are likely to be more problematic than the tubing itself. I'd use short sections of fuel line and clamps for the connections and use copper refrigerant (soft copper) tubing for the line itself. For $30 you can buy enough tubing to do the job twice, home depot may sell it by the foot and you won't need to buy a whole 20 foot roll.

You can find the hangers, actually plastic "c" type" tubing hangers that the tubing will just snap into, in the plumbing department. Mount them with self tapping sheet metal screws. I've had poor results trying to reuse the old hanger clips, they tend to break easy if you disturb them.

I use thicker wall copper tubing for the fuel and return lines and armor them, if necessary, with plastic sheathing (tubing).

Back