• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 lock right install

Cox89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Got it all back together and the pre test..... it won't unlock. I can take a screwdriver and move the center part on the springs and it will unload then catch on the next cog. I'm going to pull it again in the morning and see if I did something wrong. I want to get it right before putting the cover and lub in. With one tire on the ground the one in the air will not turn either way. Any suggetions?

Dont expect to be able to get it break free by hand. It may, or may not. And yet still be fine.

Your rig is what 3700-4100lbs, and the tire to surface grip is significant, alot more than a 140-240lbs human can grip the tire and try to break it free.

Go and no go on the measurements are .145 to .170 Mine was at .187 I called Richmand gear and they said that if it's much over .170 it won't unlock. I added two .012 shims, one behind each thrust washer. It works fine now. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I don't recall any measurement in the install manaul on the two D30 lock rights I've done.

Back