• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trails south of paso robles/Templeton

Seeker

NAXJA Forum User
I am going up to templeton for a church retreat. Are there any easy trails I can take on the way down to LA area? I explored around a some of the areas around the 5 on some the farm land and ended up at a military base... just thought I'd make the drive home more interesting...

Haha. Hey Danny! I got married on Grover beach that touches pismo. That's where I first off roaded 10 years ago. Looking for some dirt roads that magically take me down to the 5 or parallel the freeways. I am dreaming but you never know. Even an alternate drive down would be fine. Just to explore some.

How "easy" are we talking? There's basic "trail" stuff out by lopez lake/high mountain area.
Also, there is a place called "Rockfront Ranch" off of hwy 166. I personally have never been there, but you can search the interweb for info/basic trail info.

Not sure when you are going to be around the area, but I will be gone Saturday for the Sierra Chapter Toys for Tots run. It's a day trip deal, so I should be around Sunday.

As far as an alternate paved route, you could take the old pass over the mountains. Don't remember where exactly it is but we took it to avoid some traffic once. Not much help, I know, but someone else prob knows what I'm talking about. Just some fun mountain roads.

Back