• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 and 34" LTB's or TSL's?

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
Been a good while since Ive had anything with a dana 30 front. Sold 2500 Silverado and bought a 1500 so Im wanting to keep this build small. You guys running 34x10.5's what kinda luck are you having with the dana 30? Continuously breaking shafts and spider gears or do they hold up fairly well? My plan is to buy chromo axles and a locker...

Last XJ I had on 35's had an open dana 30 and I blew the spider gears after about a year...

Wheeled on 34x10.5s for 2ish years and always drove home that day. Lots of creeping on the rocks and no wide open throttle. Of course I was always worried the d30 would let me down but I drove it with 4.56 gears and a locrite. I believe I had the bias ply versions so they weren't that great at highway speeds. One blew out on me. Sold them to buy all terrains. I sure do miss them. Tough as nails.

For evidence at Uhwarrie before they closed the section of kodak rock

I've been running 34 LTB's for 3-4 years now and only blew apart one shaft when I was WOT on a snowy,icy hill climb and it caught traction on a ledge under the snow. I have stock shafts with a full case locker (ARB) and a homemade truss.

do you drive like an idiot?

idiots break d30s, people with sense don't.

I ran 34x9.5's for a long time and never broke driveline stuff.

Back