• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OMG

PMGaming101

NAXJA Forum User
I Need help !!!!!!
ok here we go my jeep will not start no more :(
this is what i did so far ( all new parts ) gas pump , fuel filter ,crankshaft position sensor,idle air sensor,oxygen sensor,new bosch injectors out of a Ford Mustang 5.0 ,new distributor,cap, plugs ,ignition coil , rotor wires, Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator, Manifold Pressure (MAP) Sensor,Throttle Position Sensor (TPS),Temperature Sender / Sensor not in yet !
its was running bad before i did all this . but now no start at all it wants too but will not .
anything would help
and for the distributor timing is right !

Ok. Take a deep breath and stop buying stuff. First you need three things in proper proportions at the proper time, fuel, spark and compression. Determine which ones or one you don't have starting with basic. Get a spark tester, install it on one of your spark plug wires and determine that you at least have spark. If no then chase it down from there. If yes move on to fuel, you have a new pump but new pumps have come out of the box bad before. Rent, buy or steal a fuel pressure gauge and check how much pressure you have. Not enough? Chase that down. Enough? Move to injector pulse. Rent, buy, borrow or steal a set of noid lights. Install one on the connector to the injectors. Does it flash? No, you have found your problem. Yes? You need to move on to another issue. Systematically and logically diagnose the problem instead of replacing until you find the problem.

you 100% right ! i have a fuel pressure gauge and i am at 44lbs ! am going to see if i got spark on all 6 number on number one i did ! am going to rent buy or steal a noid light! and go from there ! thanks !

Great so you have confirmed fuel supply and that you have spark in some manner. If you have spark on one you have established that a big part of the system is fine. Now when you crank on it does it sputter and try to run or just crank and crank without even sounding like it's trying?

cross the plug wires? ignition switch? check grounds. check relays and fuses and test the relays. new cps could be bad.

Back