• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for replacement rear sway bar.

four_shot

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just did rear springs on Babs. While swapping the first spring, I discovered that the rear bar is broken inside the drivers side frame bushing. The little bit of research I've done so far is coming up empty.

Any one know who carries a new oem style rear swaybar for reasonable coin? Rock Auto just looked at me with a virtual blank stare when I searched the site. :wierd:Lol

Not ruling it out, but my wife is hard on this truck so I'd like to find new.

Besides, the local you pull it in this area cant tell an XJ from a grand so it usually ends up being a cold and wasted trip.

"Yeah we have seven of 'em out there, oh they're grand cherokees, I thought thats what you said! Hey....what are you doing with that lug wrench....now calm down...gahhh!!!"

I'm good at hiding bodies.

Last edited:
I thought I read in the NAXJA PettyCash roadrace thread (and a few other autocross threads in there) that they use grand cherokee swaybars to get a stiffer ride... I could be wrong though.

I think Quadratec has the ADDCO swaybar for $180. I've had a lot of different set ups on the various XJ's i've owned, from stock, to 5" Lift and 35's....from 20 years old and stupid, to 30 years old and somewhat smarter when it comes to daily driving....All I can say is I never missed having a rear swaybar, hardly ever noticed it was gone. On a stock suspension all I noticed was a softer hit going over bumps on the backroads. But to each his own. I have a stock bar and brackets and end links that i just removed from my 96 XJ if you want it. Sand it, paint it, maybe get a new bushing set and you are all set. Let me know if you're interested.

I think Quadratec has the ADDCO swaybar for $180. I've had a lot of different set ups on the various XJ's i've owned, from stock, to 5" Lift and 35's....from 20 years old and stupid, to 30 years old and somewhat smarter when it comes to daily driving....All I can say is I never missed having a rear swaybar, hardly ever noticed it was gone. On a stock suspension all I noticed was a softer hit going over bumps on the backroads. But to each his own. I have a stock bar and brackets and end links that i just removed from my 96 XJ if you want it. Sand it, paint it, maybe get a new bushing set and you are all set. Let me know if you're interested.

pm sent too.

Back