• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Black MJ seats. Vynal Dye or Covers???

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
I have been making progress on the "new to me" MJ. my vinal floor kit will be here Tuesday for it(black). it has a set of Cherokee 2dr seats in it that are grey. along with a full console. The rest of the interior is done. and all blacked out. I want a Nice look when its done as this rig is going to get painted and given the "mall crawler" stamp. I really don't like dyeing seats D/T how they rub through over time. I thought about going with seat covers, but I know how contoured the Cherokee seats are.
IMG_1967_zpsc2c1f190.jpg

IMG_2143_zps08d966df.jpg

IMG_2116_zpsc111de96.jpg

IMG_2108_zpse8274ada.jpg

Is there a seat cover you guys would recommend that fits well the old style XJ seats? or should I just clean them up and hit them with the black dye like the rest of the interior?

/Opinions,Thanks
Bronze.

vinyl floor kit?
do tell.

I did a MJ for a client a few years back. and he went all out on the floor inside. He bought a POR15 (floor treatment) kit, we ceramic coated the floor, then I based cleared over it, then jute, then he ordered a vinyl floor kit, from all places, RockAuto. I learned a lot on that build and I looked up a black floor for my MJ. $128 shipped I Think. There is plenty of extra to do whatever you want with it, uncut so you don't have to run a console if you don't want to. and its THICK. I remember fighting this stuff like hell to get it into place. Now, ill use some sun to warm it up, and a heat gun for further shaping. it should be n the porch in the next hr or so. ill post up as it goes back together.

these are all the leftovers of that floor I could find.

Floor treatment

base cleared

Done MJ!

Still love that truck.

Bronze.

so it's not a molded floor kit.

I'll be paying attention here as to how PITA a generic one will be. I'd love to have leather seats and a vinyl floor, cause that's just how I am.

Back