• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

damn belt help

Hippie Metal

NAXJA Forum User
On the cusp of finishing my head job....having trouble getting serp belt to tighten...swapped in the 2000 intake manifold with bracket and ps pump...stock belt won't get anywhere near tight enough. I need this thing for tomorrow and I'm getting frustrated. The intake swap was done on a 95 4.0. HELP

If you have to do that in the future..

take a piece of string and wrap it around your belt routing. Then lay it out and measure the length.

Belt part numbers are by length and groove.

I run a Goodyear 1000K6 which is 100.0 inches 6 grooves.

Interesting.

It appears Napa turns the numbers around the other way.

My belt is an 060950. It would appear the interpretation is 6 grooves, 95". The package reads 13/16" x 95 5/8" OC.

Same thing though, if you figured out you needed a 98 inch belt, you could ask for a 060980. ;)

That is what I figure.

Although I am curious what they mean by "OC".

I would expect "OAL" for overall length. "OC" means on center in my little mind.

Perhaps it is more meaningful in either French or Spanish. That's what else is on the package. In addition to metric measurements.:rolleyes:

I bet you are right.

I should have thunk of that.

Back