• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.5" to 11" Lift Help

bigjeepxj95

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I need some help with my XJ. I want to add 3" to my current lift. I am currently sitting at 8.5" in the front and 6.5" in the back. This week I am upgrading to long arms custom made for a 12" lift, buying 8" coils and putting a 3" spacer in the front. After that, I will be at 11" total in the front now. This is my daily driver, and I really never take it offroading. It drives beautifully now, and my friend hit 90 mph in it last week. I currently have 35's on there and will use those. Everything on there is from rough country short arm 6.5" lift kit. 2" spacer makes it 8.5" in the front. Concerned about steering mostly. Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks

IT IS AND HAS TO BE MY DAILY DRIVER, AND ABLE TO DRIVE ON HIGHWAY

body lift is your best option. Just make sure you extend the blinker fluid lines.

You want to go from 8.5" to 11" and never go off road ?
Wow, the malls is Atlanta must have some serious obstacles !

Lol, to add to talyn's comment I would buy a helmet....

Damn trolls.....

I don't see what the hell the point of so much lift for 35s is... Especially if it rarely leaves pavement. At that point it's just gay... That much lift would only be remotely practical if it's only a mud truck...

I recommend taking it to Draken or maybe going with an IRO 15" lift, make sure to get the revolutionary caster adjuster

I lifted a geo metro! but it was a piece of shit and not a daily driver, Good luck!

Hey now, no Geo Metro bashing needed here !

I have a '95 3/5 with A/C and that little bitch will haul anything as Tom witnessed as I shoved 4 33" KM2's into it and drove off into the sunset !
(I would never put an 11" lift on it though.)

You just summed up every third post on Jeep Forum. And if you call them an idiot or tell them to search, they just whine about you being a bully on the internet.

Back