• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need welder in San Diego area

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
Buddy bought a 92 Pathfinder with a very smooth running drive train. When we were looking it over (in the dark) I thought I spotted what were overload springs ins ome kind of ghetto setup. You can see some questions in this thread

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=246163397#post246163397

Now I know why they had that ghetto rigged spring setup in there. The rear passenger side frame rails are coming apart, and it appears that it's taking the rear suspesion with it in the process. :/

10291693_10205367085122731_7050167436040912718_n.jpg

10314572_10205367083802698_807349651911668378_n.jpg

This is a beater rig so he's just looking to weld some plate in there to reinforce the areas that are coming apart. The driver's side is fine the pax side is where the problem is.

Not sure why this is the only area of the frame coming apart while the driver's side is rusty but ok.

Anyone in the MCAS Miramar/San Diego area have a welder we can use? Or scrap steel we can pick up to accomplish this task?

Thanks for any help.

Yowp!!

That looks like a candidate for the train wreck thread. :eek:

I would also be concerned about those hard lines. Odds are good that at least one of those carries pressure of some sort.

The seller deserves a visit from someone.

Apparently this is such a common issue in Early pathfinders that vendors make reinforcement plates speciffically for this task. Though I haven't seen any that fix the inside of the frame rails unless this piece I'm looking at wraps around the frame rail.

Back