• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How different OME spring rates feel...

XJPaul

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering two different coil springs to use to achieve 3-3.5" of lift.

One is OME 2930 (162 lb/in spring rate) with a 1.75" spacer. The other is just the OME 2934 coils (160 lb/in spring rate).

Stock spring rate is supposed to be around 147 lb/in if I am not mistaken.

For those of you that have aftermarket front coils, Would a change of 13 lb/in be very noticeable???:dunno:

My source for OME spring rates is page 107 of their catalog here: Click me->http://www.jeeptoys.ru/2/!OME Cat%...9 Update.pdf

Last edited:
Unless you are installing dump truck strength springs, you won't feel the difference in spring rates with most aftermarket springs. Your choice of shock absorber type/brand, and tire type/tire pressure, will have a greater effect on the pavement ride firmness.

Exactly what I was going to say. I have well over 200# springs up front. Doesnt feel all that different than stock. Suspension geometry is also a major factor.

I just put OME coils, leafs, and shocks on mine last month. The OME 2934s gave me a 2.5-3" lift.

I'm happy with the ride.

Keep in mind that OME coils come 2 in a box and one is going to be 3/8" (10mm) taller than the other. If you want your left and right side to be equal height, you'll need two different spacers.

Unless you are installing dump truck strength springs, you won't feel the difference in spring rates with most aftermarket springs. Your choice of shock absorber type/brand, and tire type/tire pressure, will have a greater effect on the pavement ride firmness.

Exactly what I was going to say. I have well over 200# springs up front. Doesnt feel all that different than stock. Suspension geometry is also a major factor.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Good to know.:thumbup: I will be running Bilstein 5100's.

Last edited:
I just put OME coils, leafs, and shocks on mine last month. The OME 2934s gave me a 2.5-3" lift.

I'm happy with the ride.

Keep in mind that OME coils come 2 in a box and one is going to be 3/8" (10mm) taller than the other. If you want your left and right side to be equal height, you'll need two different spacers.

Thanks for the info. I am probably going to go with the OME 2934 coils since they are the closest to 3" lift spring I can find that is still good quality. Unless someone has a better suggestion. I have read about the height difference. Is that to compensate for drivers weight or engine torque...or is that bad info? Is it really noticeable?

Back