• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Putting ZJ seats in 2dr XJ

Hippie Metal

NAXJA Forum User
Currently, looking to swap in a set of ZJ seats (front and rear), looking for heated, and leather. Power could be nice on drivers side. But I'd like to jeep the passenger side manual as to make it easy for people to get into the back seat. What's the best way to go about putting it all together? Anybody dealt with this kind of swap? Wiring, seat tracks, etc.

What about for the passenger side, with the half fold and then move up? Thres a little bar bottom backside of the seatthat let's the seat fold over itself, is all that straight forward as well? Anybody have some wiring ideas to get it all done? Or am I better off, just putting ZJ seats in and buying a seat heater kit? Lastly, the rear bench. Anything special to make that all work? Is it the same process as a 4dr XJ?

This is exactly where I'm getting stuck

There's a thread on here somewhere about swapping the latch to the manual latch from the XJ with the flip forward function.

P6190008.jpg

Right on! Thanks man, now just to figure out how to make the 60/40 split rear work. I know it's been done. I'll try using the search, unless somebody wants to post up another awesome write up!

Back