• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lok-Rite in 95 8.25?

Cox89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 95 27 spline 8.25 under my Jeep now. I think it has a Power Trac no slip or should I say unlimited slip in it right now. It is no good for mud or rocks. Will a Lok Rite fit right in or will I have to do more? If it had spider gears I would not have to ask this question. Thanks.

If it the factory limited slip with clutches no. If you had a stock open carrier that has spider gears yes. You will have to change the carrier. If it were me I'd put the 97 XJ 29 spline axles and a Detroit locker

Thanks, that what I thought.

If the axle has a stock Limited Slip differential (Jeep Trac Lok), a PowerTrax No-Slip locker will fit.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a 95 27 spline 8.25 under my Jeep now. I think it has a Power Trac no slip or should I say unlimited slip in it right now. It is no good for mud or rocks. Will a Lok Rite fit right in or will I have to do more? If it had spider gears I would not have to ask this question. Thanks.

Wat?

A powertrax no-slip is basically the same thing as a lock-rite. Made by the same company even.

Do you mean it has a limited slip from the factory?

if the OP has a powertrax no-slip that isnt functioning properly, its possible just in need of a repair. i dont think buying a lok rite is the answer to fixing what is supposed to be the the quietest operating lunchbox there is without investigating why the locker isnt working first.

if the OP has a factory LSD there is a no-slip available for the jeep trak-lok.

My mistake on what it's called. It has some type of un-limited slip. Whether a factory limited slip, I don't know.

Open the diff cover and look inside. Post a pic if you need help identifying what you find.

I understand the confusion about the PT no-slip. I was once told it was an LSD by a quadratec sales rep. That was when I was just beginning to learn that the "experts" at the big vending houses didn't know beans.

Back