• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap

I just finished this swap and could offer both some pointers and an extra pair of hands. Do you have the axle yet? I went with Ruff Stuff's swap kit and recommend it. Do you have a swap kit? Do you have the flange adapter to mate up the driveshaft?
I'm in SE, and weeknights are generally better for me. Let me know what I can do.

You can get these axles for $160 every day at the pick n pull. If you're looking for an open carrier w/ 3.73, the one over on Foster probably has like 10 of them. I paid $300 for mine with 4.10 and LSD off of Craigslist.

You could try sending a Pm to SPECfab or Mnkyboy. They may have an 8.8 floating around, maybe even ask about install? They're a little north of Portland though.

The pick n pull on foster charges 250 for an axle plus a 50 dollar core fee. Its ridiculous

In a strange turn of events, I just picked up a '96 Explorer for parts. I'm using the engine for another project I have, but the axle is up for grabs. It's a 3.73 with limited slip and disc brakes.

Back