• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tachometer Stopped Working

95cherokee96

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished cleaning up my engine a little bit with some Super Clean that I got this morning and went over to my buddy's place but on the way over I noticed my tachometer wasn't working at all. All the other gauges are fine but the tachometer doesn't move at all, check out this video:
http://youtu.be/sgT_EXg-dSU
Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea how the electrical system works. I was checking the transmission fluid a while after while it was running and got back in to turn the engine off and the tachometer was working again but after trying again 15 minutes later its dead again and I have no idea what is going on.

I just finished cleaning up my engine ....... I noticed my tachometer wasn't working at all. ......I was checking the transmission fluid a while after while it was running and got back in to turn the engine off and the tachometer was working again but after trying again 15 minutes later its dead again.......

Since you were working under the hood when the tach
stopped, check the wiring and the plug going to the
ignition coil. Might be a loose connection or partially
broken wire...

Back