• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local Wheeling Destinations

paddlernate

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to start making daily appearances in Washougal for work, and I spend a lot of time up by Chelatchie/Amboy. You can't drive through these towns without seeing well built rigs, and I've even seen people gassing/airing up at the Chelatchie Prairie general store several times, so I know they're wheeling in that area. Can anybody pull back the curtains and reveal where this may be? Just looking for some wheeling close to other things I'll be doing- anything in SW WA would be nice.

Nadda.

Amboy/Chelatchie would be National Forest land, and outside Washougal is likely DNR land. As of right now, no legal trail systems in those aresa. Best bet is to keep the tires on the main roads.

However, the "Yacolt Burn" outside Washougal has been under construction all summer on the start of a brand new trail system. I've heard great reports on the progress being made up there, and I'm hoping it'll be ready to wheel next Spring/Summer.

Back