• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here in the Santa Barbara/Ventura county area?

chad

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
I doubt any of you remember me, I only met a few back when I had my XJ's.
I miss my jeeps and I'm looking for another to start building.
Anyway, I'm looking for someone in the SB/VC areas with an XJ that might be interested in loaning it out to my company for product development.
I won't go into details here, but I am working on getting a vendor account set up for advertising it.
In the mean time I need a rig to get dimension off of and test prototypes. The owner will get a set of the final product for free.
If you're interested, please IM me with you're number and I'll call with the details.
Thank you,
Chad

Well if you're in lancaster, I'm sure there and a few NAXJA members around that area, I just can't think of any off of the top of my head.

Worst case when the weather cools down a bit I might put together another Rowher flats run.

P.S. depends on what the product is you can use my jeep.

Not sure exactly what this is for and what condition heep you are looking for. I live just north of SB county near Pismo.

The company is located in Carpinteria.
I still live in Lancaster, but will be relocating out this way.
I'm still hesitant to put and product details on here because I don't want to break any forum rules, but we'll be getting a vendor account soon and will post everything there. I will say that it is a suspension type of product. If you're interested contact me and I will give you more details.
I think for the first prototypes a stock height or close to it XJ will be best.
The truck does not have to be mint, but I'd like to work on it in the shop without having chunks of mud and puddles of oil everywhere.

johniewalker is the only guy up there north of the grapevine who still has an XJ that i can think of off the top of my head. there's a bunch of em in the bakersfield area though... is that close enough to you?

Well I guess distance would be more determined by how far the owner is willing to drive.
The best case would be to leave the truck for a week or two so I can have at it.
Second best would be to bring it for a couple days for measuring, and then bring it back for a couple days to a week for fitment and testing.

Not sure my donor XJ would make it driving that far. Any my MJ has no powertrain, but is on 4 wheels. Haha.
You can PM me with some info if you choose to do so.

if I end up buying a gas saver 4 cyl car to drive around you can take my stock '00 as long as you need it.

You could take my stock 98 for a week or two no problem... even longer if you need it.

But I'm way down in San Diego.

Thanks for all the offers guys!
I'm going in order of contact.
I said I'd like to try fitment on a stock rig first, but after that, I think the next best testing will be on a Jeepspeed or go-fast rig if that fits any of you.
Thanks again!

if I end up buying a gas saver 4 cyl car to drive around you can take my stock '00 as long as you need it.

I got a Jetta TDI for a daily driver. It works great as a gasoline saver, doesn't use any at all. It's really economical with the diesel too, ~40mpg average per tank.

I've got a 96 with a short am lift. Not sure if that would work for you. But you could take mine if you needed it, I have a second car so leaving it with you for 2+ weeks isn't an issue for me. Pm me if interested.

Asa.

Back