• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower sway bar mount interference

travisk

NAXJA Forum User
On my last trip to the mall I somehow got a rock smashed against my sway bar mount, bending it down and away from the center of the jeep.

I smacked the mount back into place (sort of), but now it interferes with the tie rod end on the drag link at full lock. I can't get the bar back in to the mount, let alone sip the disconnect back over the bar.

Could my drag link be bent? I have no point of reference.

normal_image~168.jpg

normal_image~169.jpg

The sway bar bracket is probably bent, causing the interference.
Put some heat on it and straighten it. Remove the coil spring first to prevent damage

Both of my XJ's sway bar brackets have bent and broken off over the years. The increase suspension travel, compared to stock, puts a lot of stress on the brackets.
They have been welded back in place and reinforced.

Thats a very common problem. There are several kits to raise that swaybar link away from the steering.

Lower your jeep, with less lift the draglink wont hit it. :)

Time for WJ/Crossover steering? Haha.

if you would have installed the sway bar disconnect pin on the tire side of the mount, rather than the side you have it on, there would not be that problem. Punch it out and mount it the opposite way.

Back