• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How loud is your spartan locker?

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Rear 8.25, 29 spline 4.88s/discs.

Mine unloads on all sharp 90 degree turns (city style). It is very loud inside the jeep but I also can see people jump who are directly outside the jeep.

Its one loud POP/Bang and does not sound healthy for a fresh axle rebuild.

It is very annoying for a rig I enjoy putting miles on.

Contributing factors:

Tire air pressure is not the same from side to side? Makes it more prone to do this?

Springs in lockers?

It is a cheap alt. to a full case locker so you get loud Noises and need to deal with it and explain how a locker works to EVERY passenger?

I have a freshly installed Aussie (lokka) in a freshly geared 8.25, it unloads/pops like your talking about but very rarely. Maybe once a week, if that.

What I have more of is the clank clank ratcheting noise.....

Just the way some lunch boxes are. I think they will get quieter over time though, because every jeep that I've bought that already had a lunch box was relatively quiet.

I can't hear my lockright in the rear ever, but the front one will pop every once in a while. I can never hear the ratcheting though.

I can't hear my Spartan ever. It's unloaded like once on me in the last year. Did you measure the spacing between the two cups (sorry early am and can't think of the proper term)? I'm betting it's too close.

Ya I am gonna monitor the tire pressure, one was low today which made the unload happen every turn, I am gonna contact the shop that installed it and have them adjust it or trouble shoot it.. or what ever, I have not installed the locker myself so I don't know the cup situation, I will also see about heavier gear oil. ARB might be on my xmas list.

Back